Cutting, Tailoring & Dress Making
Duration of course: 4 Weeks
Total training hours: 160 Hours
Minimum qualification of the participant: At least completed grade 8
Medium of instruction: Nepali and English
Method: 1:10 ratio
Group structure: 20 participants per training
- Know the basic working methodology of garment machinery
- Concept of garment and tailoring
- Complete understanding of the safety rules applicable in Garment and Tailoring
- Familiarize with the basic terminologies related to Garment and Tailoring
- Identify and handle various tools and equipment used in cutting and tailoring such as:
- Learn to use the measuring tape and L-Scale
- Changing needles
- Putting thread in the needles
- Changing bobbin case ad filling thread in the bobbin
- Control of foot pressure
- Adjusting stitch regulator
- Removal of tangled thread
- Making patterns , stiching, finishing, Designing and drafting
- Changing the machine oil
- Learn to stich following patterns : (Straight, Square, Zigzag, Triangle, Circle , Placing pocket, over-lock, ironing).
The course is based on skill development. This course stresses on performance execution through capacity development. On an average, 80% of the course duration is allocated for practical knowledge and rest 20% is allocated for theoretical knowledge to participants.
- At least 60% marks in theory
- 80% marks in practical
- Minimum 80% in Theory
- Minimum 90% in Practical
Can get employment as cutter/tailor/checker/designers in garment manufacturing industries/tailoring shops/tailoring units in govt. sector of public sectors like jails /hospitals etc. can get employments as instructor in educational institutes.
- 80% practical
- 20% theory
Practical knowledge will evaluated through practical skill test and Theoritical knowledge will be evaluated through VIVA.
1 head trainer and 1 assistant trainer(for Head Trainer : Diploma in Garment/ Tailoring with atleast a year experience as a trainer) for Assistant Trainer : at least 2 years of working experience in the garment/ tailoring field. Both the head and the assistant trainer must have a minimum of 1 week training from TOT.