The goal of the EIG project was to mitigate conflict by training targeted marginalized youth for employment in the Mid-Western Region of Nepal. F-SKILL was the implementing partner for Component 2 – Increased vocational training and employment opportunities for targeted youth.
F-SKIll implemented trainings in all districts of the Mid-West region.
Technical trainings in following sub-sectors were delivered, contributing to strengthened & diversified livelihoods:
- Construction (masonry , carpentry etc.) with embedded DRR component, Hospitality(ex. sweet & snacks maker), Tailoring/Garment making, Health (beautician).
- Percentage of trainees who successfully completed training and were gainfully employed: 3044 (82%);
- Total no. of trainees : 3705
- Avg. income earned: approx. Rs. 4100 per month
Place Of Performance
Mid-West region of Nepal (Humla,Mugu,Jumla,Dolpa,Rukum,Kalikot,Jajarkot, Rukum,Rolpa, Salyan, Bardia, Banke, Dang and Pyuthan)
Period Of Performance
Relevant Sectors & Themes
- Vocational Skill Training
- Alternative livelihoods
- Life-skill training
- Gender & social inclusion training
- First Aid
- Reproductive health
- Occupational health Hazard